Research-Based Design = Better Design
Our building performance services are the junction between what the building data and building occupants tell us. Through energy modeling, building automation system analysis, daylight analysis, computational fluid dynamics, and post occupancy evaluations, we look at hundreds of variables, helping you make the best decisions for your project, from the initial design phase through construction and occupancy. This work provides valuable insight into building operations, energy consumption, and occupant satisfaction.
The Secret Language of Buildings
Each building is an ecosystem conveying information about its well-being. The goal is to ensure those ecosystems hum along with their various components in perfect harmony. This means designing them to be efficient and resilient for the long term, keeping up with maintenance, and ensuring new technologies are incorporated throughout their lifetimes.
With a focus on research-based design and long-term performance, our multi-disciplinary team has the tools and expertise to design from a holistic perspective. Beginning in the early stages of a project, we use energy modeling to optimize designs. After construction, we “close the loop” through post-occupancy evaluation (POE). The POE process is custom-tailored to each project and includes steps such as analyzing utility bills to compare actual vs. modeled performance, surveying occupants, and taking on-site measurements of space conditions.
Is Post Occupancy Evaluation for You?
Post Occupancy Evaluation is a detailed look at how your facility is meeting the original design objectives and operational requirements. Why you might be interested:
- You’re pursuing sustainable, healthy building certifications such as LEED and WELL.
- You want to confirm your project was built and commissioned the way it was designed.
- You value research, data, and discovery and want to gain more knowledge about your facility.
- You want to gain knowledge from your current facilities to inform future projects.
- You’re focused on recruitment and retention and want to ensure employee satisfaction.
- You’re interested in knowing about system performance and new technologies to incorporate.